Well your friendly neighborhood G.T.A Patriot is back online, after a hiatus. Today is Election...Read More
Tag: New York
A New York Long Island woman said she was fired after she donated a kidney to help save the life of her boss.
Debbie Stevens, a 47-year-old divorced mother of two, filed a formal complaint with the New York State Human Rights Commission last Friday, claiming her boss used her for her organ then fired her “after the woman got what she wanted.” Stevens’ boss, 61-year-old Jackie Brucia, is one of the West Islip controllers for Atlantic Automotive Group, a billion-dollar dealership operator. Brucia hired Stevens in January 2009 as an assistant. “She just started treating me horribly, viciously, inhumanly after the surgery,” Stevens told ABCNews.com. “It was almost like she hired me just to get my kidney.”
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
U.S. stocks plummeted this morning, for the eighth day in a row of ugly losses. At 9:38 a.m. ET, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 673 points to 7,905 after plunging 679 points on Thursday. The Nasdaq Composite Index...Read More
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has taken a big bite out of Porter Airlines’ Big Apple ambitions. The regulator ruled the Toronto-based upstart airline must trim its daily schedule of 14 flights between Hogtown...Read More
Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow said she’s “speechless” about the continued delayed of the Eglinton Crosstown, saying she’s no more knowledgeable on the project than residents and business owners who’ve been waiting years for it to wrap up.