Ford says “No”, and Karen says “Yes”! Most Torontonians know we need subways and better transit. We need a proper transit system in Toronto and transit is a smart investment. I was amazed to see how bad...Read More
Tag: David Miller
David Miller’s original plan for Transit City will go ahead. The debate is over and it’s time to move on. It is pointless to delay building transit in Toronto and we should accept the conclusion. According to the...Read More
According to a new Forum Research poll, more than half of Toronto residents want to scrap the city’s land transfer tax, license cyclists, contract out cleaners, toss out the plastic bag tax and support a subway-based transit plan.
The Forum poll conducted Wednesday found 61% of Toronto residents approve of ending the city’s land transfer tax and licensing cyclists so that traffic laws can be enforced on them.
Ford campaigned on abolishing the land transfer tax but has yet to make any progress on dropping it from the city’s books.
Among those surveyed, support has grown since a Forum poll last month for a subway-based transit plan with 60% now in favour of the idea rather than 36% who favour a transit system based on LRTs.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
So what is Toronto becoming? MGM wants to build a massive casino on Toronto’s waterfront, preferably turning Ontario Place into a mini Vegas. Ashley Madison wants to sponsor Toronto Zoos, as long as they get naming rights...Read More
It seems that the transit debate is over. With a vote of 24 – 19, Rob Ford lost his battle to get the Sheppard Subway built and completed. Torontonians’ have endured a long battle over transit, with Rob Ford...Read More
LRT or Subways? This has been the ongoing debate, unfortunately the lines between truth are certainly grey. Let’s start with the Eglinton Cross-town, which definitely the current hot potato. Rob Ford has continued to use...Read More
Rocco Rossi will not have to keep his promise to kill Transit City. Dalton and the Liberals may have done it for him? Is this one of the “dumbest decisions ever made?” The government seems to be following in the...Read More
Have we learned nothing from history and the reasons why there is a lack of good public transit options in the city of Toronto? What about jobs for the people of Thunder Bay? Again, with another knee-jerk reaction we may loose...Read More
The possibility of converting the Scarborough RT to true LRT when its current fleet reaches the end of its life, instead of conversion to ICTS Mark-II, is still being considered by the TTC. In the supplementary agendafor the...Read More
The dangerous politics of intimidation and threats in Canada – Car and home vandals aim at Toronto Liberal supporters
Brake lines cut, cars damaged at homes. Toronto police patrolled a midtown area overnight, after vandals cut brake lines on at least 10 cars parked at homes with Liberal election signs on their lawns. “We’re...Read More
No. H 218/08 For release – September 5, 2008 FLAHERTY ANNOUNCES FUNDS WILL BEGIN FLOWING TO SPADINA SUBWAY EXTENSION TORONTO — People living and working in Toronto will begin to benefit soon from reduced traffic...Read More
They cannot ignore us anymore! Toronto can have something to say in this election. However, will we even bother to show up at the polls? This remains to be seen! Quotes from the Mayor….“We need those permanent investments...Read More
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- System Wide June 25, 2021Vaughan: Elevator out of service between concourse and Line 1 platform. - Affecting: System Wide Alert
- System Wide (2) June 25, 2021Scarborough Centre: Elevator out of service between Line 3 eastbound platform, concourse and Scarborough Town Centre entrance and bus platform. - Affecting: System Wide Alert
- System Wide (3) June 22, 2021Chester: Elevator out of service between Street to Eastbound subway platform. - Affecting: System Wide Alert
- System Wide (4) June 22, 2021Dufferin: Elevator out of service between concourse and Line 2 westbound platform. - Affecting: System Wide Alert
- System Wide (5) June 22, 2021Bathurst: Elevator out of service between Bathurst St east side entrance, concourse and Line 2 westbound platform. - Affecting: System Wide Alert