“There is one leader and one party that tells the truth frankly, doesn’t pretend to be all things to be all people, doesn’t pretend to have perfect answers, but does have answers for ordinary families and that’s Jack Layton and the NDP.”
That was a quote from Mr. Broadbent. Leader of the federal NDP from 1975 to 1989 and led the party to a record 43 seats in the 1988 federal election. He retired in 1989 after 21 years as Oshawa’s MP. With GM on the cusp of bankrupcy and jobs in doubt who will rally for your cause? If you want change in Oshawa and for the country, vote NDP. By: Isaac Thomas / G.T.A Patriot Contributor.
An excerpt from Jack Layton:
- We’ll stop tax giveaways to corporations that don’t need them, or who ship our jobs overseas.
- We’ll support companies that provide training to workers here. We’ll invest with companies that are innovating in the new energy economy, and creating new green collar jobs for Canadians.
- We’ll stop the shameful rip-offs and gouging by cellphone giants, banks and credit card companies.
- We’ll shorten health care waiting lists by training more doctors and nurses. Five million Canadians don’t have a family doctor. One million are on waiting lists.
- We’ll face the challenge of climate change – not with Mr. Harper’s idle words or by taxing you and your family – but with tough laws that force polluters to clean up the mess they’ve made.