The Barrie South GO Station opening December 17, 2007. It is located on the Bradford line, northeast of the intersection of Mapleview Dr. and Yonge St. and will be accessible to passengers using wheeled mobility aids. The extension of service from Bradford to Barrie will feature four trains morning and night.
- Morning trips will leave Barrie South at 5:43, 6:15, 6:45, and 7:15 a.m.
- Because of the new stop, train times at Bradford will change. Starting December 17, trains will leave Bradford four minutes later at 6:06, 6:36, 7:06, and 7:36 a.m.
- Morning train departure times from all other stations on this line will stay the same, as will arrival times at Union Station: 7:15, 7:45, 8:15, and 8:45 a.m.
- Evening train departure times from Union Station will stay the same: 4:10, 4:40, 5:17, and 6:00 p.m. Evening train arrival times all the way to East Gwillimbury GO Station will also stay the same.
- Arrival times at Bradford will be seven minutes earlier, at 5:21, 5:51, 6:28, and 7:11 p.m. Evening trips will arrive at Barrie South at 5:45, 6:15, 6:55, and 7:35 p.m.
The extension of the GO Train may have an important impact on the prices and demand of real estate properties in the Barrie area.
The GO Train is also good news for the local business community; it will help Barrie to attract more business, tourists and people looking for affordable housing. It will also benefit Barrie residents that work in the Toronto area and will take the pressure off the 400. At some point, with a move to all-day service to the Barrie region, expansion of the smart growth strategy could be expanded.
For more information go to the GO Transit website.