So what really makes Google GDrive better than Microsoft SkyDrive? Probably not a whole lot; in terms of drive space. However what Google is achieving is synergy between all of its offerings. With the introduction of Google GDrive you can, in a sense, really live online. Of course there is the issue of privacy and trust, but it seems that people really don’t care. GDrive is available on all devices, with the nagging exception of the Blackberry; which I am blogging from at the moment. With GDrive live will ChromeOS take hold? What does this mean for Apple? Will Dropbox or Box.net get bought out? How about Facebook? The next few months will be interesting indeed!
- Thanks Google, It Only Took You Six Years (techcrunch.com)
- The GDrive Plot Thickens: Google Docs Users Now Have 5GB Of Space (techcrunch.com)
- SkyDrive storage space land grab for grandfathers (sciencetext.com)
- Google ‘to launch GDrive cloud storage next week’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Thinking about GDrive for online backup? Consider YouSendIt instead (yousendit.com)