Well another year has gone by and the residents if North Ajax continue to enjoy the great outdoors. It amazes me that we want residents to take transit, yet don’t spend any money to encourage it. At least in Toronto there are proper shelters and some planning. With the taxes that are paid by North Ajax residents you would think they would be afforded the courtesy of a shelter and at least a bit of pavement to stand on. It actually fascinates me to see riders standing in a residents driveway, in the street or almost in a ditch on Westney and Tauton Rd. But let’s face it, urban sprawl has caused this, right? We cannot blame city planners. They assumed that we would just continue driving our cars and enjoy our large homes. Who needs the basics anyway? So as gas continues to rise and costs go up, be encouraged. You will continue to be taxed and enjoy the outdoor elements. So yes, while your waiting for that bus, in the rain, in your fancy new dress. When that car drives by and nearly takes you out. Or better yet on that wonderfully paved mud platform, enjoy. Smell the exhaust, and at least your not back in Toronto, right?
TagsApple canada Conservative Conservatives Dalton McGuinty David Miller Death dion election Environment Google green gta Harper jack layton John Tory Liberal Liberals Linux LRT mccain Microsoft NDP Obama Oil Ontario PC politics Prime Minister Public Transit Quebec racism rob ford Sheppard Stephen Harper Subway Toronto Transit City TTC Ubuntu United States US Vista Viva windows
- The Satellite Doctor on Cutting the cord through my over-the-air AppleTV and Netflix experience
- thegtapatriot on Poll shows that we want subways and we are willing to pay for it
- thegtapatriot on The Best Sushi in the GTA – Ajax, Ontario in Durham
- thegtapatriot on Keep it simple stupid Air Rail link options dead on arrival
- Katja on Stupid to the last drop – Alberta oil thirst leading to disaster
Top Posts & Pages
- The Best Sushi in the GTA - Ajax, Ontario in Durham
- Pros and cons of MMP
- Bravo the Best Bakery in Durham Ontario - A Hidden Gem in Ajax!
- Sheela Basrur, the cool voice of reason during 2003 SARS crisis, dead at 51
- A list of all Canadian Political parties this election
- John Moore on Spinning John Tory's troubles